[Swiftwater Gazette] Rich People Are Fleeing Connecticut

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Sun Jan 7 06:41:38 EST 2018

http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/2018/01/rich-people-are-fleeing-connecticut.html
RichPeople Are Fleeing Connecticut
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-04/rich-people-are-fleeing-connecticut
Excerptby Del:
Lawmakerslike Connecticut’s Democratic Gov. Dannel Malloy should payattention to the latest batch of IRS data, which show tax payers –particularly wealthy ones – are leaving Connecticut for states likeFlorida, where there is no income tax, and New York City, where taxesare high but at least you can order Chinese food at 4 am.
TheHartford Courant points out in an editorial, the latest data revealthat Connecticut is in the middle of a taxpayer exodus. Those whomoved out of Connecticut from 2015 to 2016 took with them more than$6 billion in adjusted gross income, or AGI. People who moved toConnecticut brought with them only about $3.36 billion in AGI.
Thetotal net loss to Connecticut: $2.7 billion. In one year. That was inthe top five of all states, regardless of population. (Gee, who could ever have predicted this? I could not afford to move back to CTunless I won the lottery, and not a small one either. Tax&Spendjust doesn't make for a long term fiscal policy, driving out bothindustries and rich people just has to have an effect over time...duhh! --Del)