[Swiftwater Gazette] Americans might do well to remember who we once were

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Sat Sep 16 17:55:36 EDT 2017

“Notunlike America’s enemies today, the Empire of Japan had judged America to be a spiritually weak nation that lacked the will tofight. In this, they were spectacularly wrong. One wonders,however, if now such an assessment of our national character ringswith more than a little truth. After all, to that earlier generationof Americans, heroics involved climbing the likes of Hacksaw Ridge tofight a very real enemy; today, heroics means climbing statues tofight an imaginary one. “
“Americansmight do well to remember who we once were."

http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/2017/09/battle-of-okinawa.html
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/09/15/around-world-in-80-days-day-16-okinawa-remembering-who-once-were.html