[Swiftwater Gazette] Obama left the country vulnerable to massive Russian hacking

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Tue Oct 10 18:46:23 EDT 2017

----- Forwarded Message -----
 From: Ed kroposki <kroposki at att.net>
 Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2017 6:45 PM
 Subject: Obama left the country vulnerable to massive Russian hacking

Obamaleft the country vulnerable to massive Russian hacking https://spectator.org/russia-the-real-story/  The realstory with Russia was not the series of stupid meetings between Trump campaignofficials and diplomats who were trying to set them up, playing on Trump’s admiration of Putin.   The storythat should have been all over the front pages then, and now, is the completelack of security infrastructure across our government, President Barack Obama’scomplete inability to protect the country from cybersecurity threats, and the way Russians were able to easilytake advantage of all our vulnerabilities throughout the last eight years tomake a series of devastating blows that are only coming out to public awarenessnow.  Many ofthese issues came up during the last two years of the administration when Obamawas busy crying “Russian hackers,” while Russian hackers were having a ballright under his nose.   Thiscombination of lack of situational awareness, recklessness, arrogance, andignorance of even the basic factors to take into consideration was evident inDebbie Wasserman Schultz’s watch at the DNC, among Democratic Congressmen inthe Pakistani IT staffer scandal, with Hillary’s various misuses of email, withJohn Podesta falling easy bait to a phishing trick, and so much more. But allof that turned out to be just the tip of the iceberg, as we are now learning,mere red flags compared to the utter disaster that was taking place behindclosed doors, with Edward Snowden being but the first red flag and warning signof just how unprepared was our counterintelligence for the combination ofcybersecurity threats and social media engineering from Russians and other actors.  Much of ithas come out within this past year, and with regards to cybersecurity, in thelast couple of weeks, with the story of the NSA breach and access to Pentagonsource code.   Meanwhileour own reaction has been belated and laughable. Over two years after Kasperskywas used to retrieve NSA data, the government finally advised its agencies notto use that software. I don’t even want to know what happenedafter the Russians got the source code and whether that software is still inplace, but my guess is, not much has changed.   A pervasive problem of such proportions shouldbe a national scandal. Obama left the front door open while looking forbogeymen out in the back.   Thanksto the atrocious decision making throughout his administration, the country hasbeen left vulnerable, basically naked, to Russian hacking. But the press,instead of thoroughly investigating the extent of the damage and excoriatingthe officials responsible for it, are dripping their findings, while coveringup who’s really at fault.  The cybersecurity breaches of the past eightyears deserve a thorough, competent investigation. If Robert Mueller isanything other than a political hack with an agenda, he should be looking atthis main stage event, while also investigating whatever improprieties came outfrom last year’s election and the financial shenanigans from some of theactors. I am afraid, however, that most people are not interested in the “wholetruth.” They just want to be fed stories convenient to propping up theirpreconceptions.---- // ----
Politicalcorrectness is the conscious, designed manipulation of language intended tochange the way people speak, write, think, feel, and act, in furtherance of anagenda. Likeall propaganda, PC fundamentally is a lie. It is about refusing to deal withthe underlying nature of reality, in fact attempting to alter that reality bylegislative and social fiat. A is no longer A.December28, 2015•Jeff Deisthttps://mises.org/library/pc-about-control-not-etiquette-0