[Swiftwater Gazette] latest on China

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Fri Oct 6 10:41:44 EDT 2017

U.S.Intelligence Sees China's Military Expanding Bases Globally
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-10-05/u-s-intelligence-sees-china-s-military-expanding-bases-globally
FormerTrump adviser Stephen Bannon has called the transfer of U.S. technology to China “the single biggest economic and business issue of our time,” adding that “if we don’t get our situation sortedwith China, we’ll be destroyed economically.”
TheU.S. intelligence officials suggested China’s government is aware of the threat that perception poses to its ambitions.
“Beijingis trying to downplay concerns that this state-led technology acquisition drive creates an unlevel playing field, forces technology transfer to China, limits foreign companies’ access to the Chinesemarket, and is a threat to U.S. and other countries’ economicstrength.”---- // ----