[Swiftwater Gazette] Montana Restaurant; JANE FONDA

Michael Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Thu May 4 12:27:55 EDT 2017

According to:

 <https://www.truthorfiction.com/fonda-restaurant/>
https://www.truthorfiction.com/fonda-restaurant/

It circulated first without any identification of the restaurant in which it
was supposed to have happened, but this version does name the restaurant.
We called the folks at Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse in Montana.
They said nothing of this nature ever happened there.

 <http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/fonda.asp>
http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/fonda.asp

has a similar account:

Specifically, the folks at Sir Scott's Oasis Steakhouse in Manhattan,
Montana, where most versions of this e-mail claim the incident occurred,
tell us that although Jane Fonda has indeed been in their restaurant, she
simply said she had to leave when she was told how long the wait was - there
were no indignant "Do you know who I am?" histrionics on Ms. Fonda's part,
nor was the owner summoned to deliver a defiant "You're never eating in my
restaurant!" put-down.

BTW, this email circulated in 2003.  It is 2017!  Even if true, it is very
old news.  How about some fact check filtering?

Mike