[Swiftwater Gazette] New Alzheimer's test can predict age when disease will appear

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Wed Mar 22 10:33:27 EDT 2017

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/mar/22/new-alzheimers-test-can-predict-age-when-disease-will-appear
“Scientistshave developed a new genetic test for Alzheimer’s risk that can beused to predict the age at which a person will develop the disease.
“...genetic makeup can influence the chances of developing dementia, ahealthy diet, regular physical activity and remaining mentally active can also drive down the risk. “Genetics is only part of the storyand we know that lifestyle factors also influence our risk ofdeveloping Alzheimer’s,” she said. “The best current evidencepoints to habits we can all adopt to help lower our risk andindicates that what’s good for your heart is also good for thebrain.”