[Swiftwater Gazette] new brain disorders

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Wed Mar 1 06:14:02 EST 2017

 5new brain disorders that were born out of the digital ageByTammy Kennonhttp://theweek.com/articles/677922/5-new-brain-disorders-that-born-digital-age  “Cognitiveneuroscientists say all that time we now spend in front of screens has changedthe way we read and comprehend. Internet browsing has shortened both our attention spans and our patience. And it's doing a number on our memories.  Theworld now has fear “ of No-Mobile Phobia" or "nomophobia" — thefeeling of panic one has upon being separated from one's phone or tablet.”  Technoferenceis  our digital which might be making us feel a bit panicky.  “Fauxcellarm,phantom ringing, and ringxiety are new to our lexicon, thanks to the universalpresence of our buzzing, pinging smartphones.”  “Cyberchondriarefers to people who research and diagnose their own illnesses online.”  TrumanShow Delusion, the false perception that their lives are being broadcast. TrumanShow Delusion is a product of our overly connected, media–driven lifestyles.