[Swiftwater Gazette] COGNITIVE PRIVILEGE OF SMART PEOPLE

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Sun Jul 30 14:43:49 EDT 2017

COLLEGEPAPER CALLS OUT "COGNITIVE PRIVILEGE" OF SMART PEOPLE
http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/267425/college-paper-calls-out-cognitive-privilege-smart-daniel-greenfield
Thereare many kinds of privilege besides white privilege: cognitiveprivilege, for example. We now know that intelligence is notsomething we have significant control over but is something we areborn with. We are living in a society in which success isincreasingly linked to one’s intelligence. ... Thus, the accidentof having been born smart enough to be able to be successful is agreat benefit that you did absolutely nothing to earn. Consequently,you have nothing to be proud of for being smart. By Dan Williams @Daily Iowan