[Swiftwater Gazette] Irish Kindness

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Wed Jul 26 17:46:26 EDT 2017

 The Irish never hesitate
to come to the aid of their fellow man...... Air passengers, in this
case!
Shortly after take-off on an outbound evening,  Aer Lingus
flight from Dublin to Boston, the lead flight attendant nervously made
the following painful announcement in her lovely Irish brogue:"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm so very sorry, but it appears that
there has been a terrible mix-up by our catering service.  I don't know
how this has happened, but we have 103 passengers on board, an unfortunately, we received only 40
dinner meals.  I truly apologize for this
mistake and inconvenience."When the muttering of the passengers had died down, she continued,
"Anyone who is kind enough to give up their meal so that someone else can
eat, will receive free and unlimited drinks for the duration of our 7 hour flight.”  Her next announcement came about 2 hours later:  "If
anyone is hungry, we still have 40 dinners available."