[Swiftwater Gazette] Hogzilla in Alabama

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Wed Jul 19 09:04:43 EDT 2017

 They're a danger to children, too. I've shot them in my front yard - not 800 lbs - but 250lbs.
 --
 John

  There are many of these in Southern Mountains,  especially Oconee and Pickens counties:

          Man shoots mammoth 820 pound wild hog in his front yard
    http://www.al.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2017/07/man_shoots_820_pound_wild_hog.html
 Samson resident Wade Seago knew something was up outside
      of his home last week when the family's pet schnauzer,  Cruiser,  started barking constantly. The Seagos live on 100 acres in  the  rural south Alabama town. The property and surrounding  area  is teeming with wildlife so it's not unusual for their dog to bark  at deer, raccoons or other wild visitors.
   The dog had a huge wild hog bayed in his front yard,  about 5 yards  off of the front porch. "Cruiser had this huge hog  confused with all  of the barking and movement," Wade continued. "It was not a good  situation."
     It took three shots to take him down. The giant hog  hit the ground  near the carport.