[Swiftwater Gazette] Subject of illegal voting

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Sun Jan 29 20:06:38 EST 2017

IllegalAliens Really Do Vote – a Lot ByWilliam Campenni
http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/2017/01/illegal-voters.html
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2017/01/illegal_aliens_really_do_vote_a_lot.html#ixzz4X9bFGlnV
Excerptby Robert Hall: Whilewandering around the festivities, I noticed a table with three niceladies in front of a "Register To Vote" sign. Curiousabout its presence at a festival where the bulk of the crowd waseither illegal alien day laborers or legal non-citizens, I went overto inquire. Before I spoke, one of those nice ladies asked me if Iwas registered to vote.  Wanting to see where this would go, I saidno, and asked how to sign up. A voter registration form was thrust inmy hands. The very first item on these forms, in Virginia and therest of America, was "I am a citizen of the United States ofAmerica," with YES and NO blocks to check. "Don'tI need to show you some proof of citizenship?" I asked.She replied "no."  I asked her how she could verify that Iwasn’t lying. Sensing she might be on a slippery slope, she calledover a supervisor from the Registrar's Office and told the woman ofmy concern. The official told me they neverchecked citizenship status because I would be penalized if I lied. Really? So I asked her how she would verify my truthfulness, or thoseof the dozens of new voters being registered that day. Defensively,she replied that they checked all registrations for accuracy at theRegistrar's Office when they were turned in. Icalled the Registrar Monday, and asked if they do indeed verifycitizenship status. I was told that they didn't unless someone madea specific complaint against an individual applicant. (Thedata indicate that voter fraud is a real thing. How much it changes elections is still hard to determine, although weknow in some close elections it can make a critical difference. Butthe bottom line is that the right to vote is sacred to citizens andforbidden to others, and that is how it should and must be treated. Verification of citizenship needs to bedone rigorously, and that certainly is not the case now. And gee, is one Party more likely to benefit from illegal voters thanthe other? Maybe that explains the fierce defensiveness of openregistration and no verification. --Del)