[Swiftwater Gazette] Electoral College vs Popular Vote

Elgin Alexander elginalexander at erols.com
Sat Jan 21 16:51:09 EST 2017

The following is an excellent point - particularly when you do the math and
realize the intent of our Founding Fathers in establishing the Electoral
College.  Elgin

Hillary won California 5,860,714 to Trump's 3,151,821.  61.6% to 33.1%
exclusive of the other candidates.

However, deduct her California vote from her National vote and she is left
with 54,978,783.  Then, deduct Trump's California vote from his National
total and he is left with 57,113.976.  Thus, he wins in a landslide in the
other 49 states, 51.3% to her 48.7%. So, in effect, Hillary was elected
president of California and Trump was elected president of the rest of the
country by a substantial margin.

This exemplifies the wisdom of the Electoral College, to prevent the vote of
any one populace State from overriding the vote of the others.

Trump's Campaign Manager, Kellyanne Conway, whose expertise is polling, saw
this early on and devised her strategy of "6 pathways to the White House."

This meant ignoring California with its huge Democrat majority and going
after the States that would give him the necessary Electoral votes to win -
FL, NC, MI, PA, OH, and WI.

In addition to having the Presidency, the Republican Party will have:

1)    A majority of the House of Representatives,

2)    A majority of the Senate,

3)    Almost two-thirds of all the governorships,

4)    Total control of the statehouses in almost two-thirds of all the
states, and

5)    In the near future, Republicans will be able to add the majority of
the Supreme Court.

 As far as I know, the above has never happened before in American history.

Think about that and let it sink in for a moment that it is all because of
one reason:  The Obummer's forcing his extreme far-left agenda on an
unwilling country by Executive Orders, by appointing left wing judges, and
by the obsequious bureaucrats.

Thus, it's not surprising that the liberal left is demanding that we do away
with the Electoral College and take the popular vote being pushed by the
media, etc.  In essence the Electoral College is working exactly as our
Founding Fathers intended - and not to the "design" of those whose only
commandment is: My way is the only way and I will not have or tolerate any
dissenting opinions.