[Swiftwater Gazette] Squaw Valley plans to stay open until July 4

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Thu Feb 23 06:28:10 EST 2017

Caused by Global warming?

 Summer skiing? SquawValley says it plans to stay open untilJuly 4  http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Squaw-Valley-July-4-summer-skiing-Tahoe-open-snow-10951538.php  "In 2017 alone,since January 1, we've had 460 inches," said Sam Kieckhefer, aspokesperson for Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows. "Our season average is 450inches. We received more snow since the start of 2017 than our averageseason."  Kieckhefer added:"We are 91 days into our season, and we're expecting to operate on July 4and so that means we're not even halfway done with the season."