[Swiftwater Gazette] Robert Hall's comments for December

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Mon Dec 4 06:33:35 EST 2017

TheOld Jarhead

SUNDAY,DECEMBER 3, 2017RandomThoughts for December, 2017.ByRobert A. Hall
Ihope you and yours have a safe, happy holiday season and a wonderful2018.
Ihope the person who invented blister packs for pills is rotting inhell.
Votingis a no-brainer in America. Which explains a lot of the results.
Themedias believes it is their solemn duty to edit the news so no onegets the right idea.
Frommy friend Andy, a retired USMC Colonel: "Theleft defines diversity: Agree with us or we’ll violently attackyou."
Cheeringyour favorite sports team may raise their morale a bit, and make youfeel good, but it's what they do on the field that determines theoutcome. Cheering the troops and thanking them for their service maymake you feel good and raise their morale a bit, but it's the peoplewho put on the uniforms, pick up the weapons and risk their lives whodetermine the outcome.
Brevityis a virtue. One I don't possess.
Inmy day, schools and society turned out workers, not slugs. No, allmillennials are not slugs. Some are industrious workers andmillennials make up the bulk of our great troops. But so many aredrones as to make one despair over the future of the Republic.
Ifyou are outraged at the Israelis building homes on the west bank, butnot at Iran building nuclear bombs while threatening to destroyIsrael and us, you must be a progressive.
Organtransplants are not a good option for those lacking inself-discipline.
Manythings are easy to lose but hard or impossible to get back. Thingslike virginity, reputation, home, job, love. You can add to theseFreedom and your country.
Alot of folks think they want to be a boss until the try it anddiscover the endless headaches and stress that goes with it.
Notonly do my wife and I talk to the dog, but we sometimes answer forit., Me, "No. I'm not taking you out again." Wife, "Butdaddy, I have to go really bad."
Hada black cashier in a restaurant asked the black couple who came inbehind us, "How many in your party?" We were standing infront of her at the counter. I said, "Two!" Blacks whodisplay an animus towards whites and whites who display an animustowards blacks based on race only feed racism in the other group.Both sides are too stupid to appreciate that.
Welike the Janet Evanovich "Stephanie Plum" detective series.Well written and funny suspense. But if you read any detectiveseries, you have to wonder how one person comes across so manymurders in a short period. I mean if I'm at a function and AngelaLansbury came in, I'm outta there!
"Iwould argue the solution for this is simply to stop seeing publicfigures — whether political figures or celebrities — as rolemodels and stop putting them up on pedestals. Theability to win elections, perform well on camera, perform greatathletic feats, or other extraordinary traits is not synonymous withgood character. (It is entirely possible that good character is animpediment to ambition.)" --Jim Geraghty, MorningJolt
Sawa license plate that read; VIDIOT.
FromMarine Bob Orazi on Bergdahl issue: “Maybe Bergdahl should be‘sentenced’ to marry Chelsea Manning.” (I'd send a present.~Bob)
Ihave an uncanny ability to pick the slow lane in traffic. It's agift, really.
Somefolks never have an idea without smothering it in an avalanche ofwords.
Iftelevision didn't exist, terror attacks and mass shootings would befar less frequent.
"Atruth that's told with bad intent, beast all the lies you caninvent." --William Blake
“Ifyou once forfeit the confidence of your fellow citizens, you cannever regain their respect and esteem.” — Abraham Lincoln, speechat Clinton, Illinois, September 8, 1854
Thegovernment didn't outlaw theft, they just gave themselves a monopoleon it. And they use part of the take to buy votes to keep themselvesin power.
Ifsomeone says, "I tell it like it is," brace yourself to beinsulted or offended.
Asregular blog readers know, I started boycotting the NFL at the startof the 2016 season because of the players disrespecting the flag, thecountry and veterans, and I'm still not watching or giving them apenny. But you know what? I don't miss it. I enjoy having the extratime to read and write. I doubt I'll go back to watching the NFL evenif they knock that anti-American stuff off.
WhenI was an active duty Marine, I was agile, mobile and hostile. (That'sAd-Jile, Mo-Bile and Hos-Tile) Now, 50 years later, I'm semi-agile,semi-mobile and semi-senile!
Oneday, there were 16 obits in the paper for people younger than me.Guess I'm old, careful and lucky.
Onlythe "out" party cares about debt. The "in" partycares about borrowing to buy votes from supporters. Making eventualcollapse inevitable.
Whenpeople comes weaving down the hall towards me studying theirsmartphones, I'm tempted to call an alert: "Heads up. Liveperson ahead!"
Themedia, Hollywood and the universities now operate on the Red Queen's justice system: "Sentence first—verdict afterwards."
Iwonder how many employers are thinking, "The best way to reducethe possibility of sexual harassment charges is to hire fewer women."
Ianswered a call, "Hello." Women on the other end, "Whoare you?" Me, "I'm Bob--Who are you?" Not a greatstart to a conversation.
Iwonder if Twitter doubled the number of characters thinking, "Givehim enough rope..."
TheKent State Football Team is the "Golden Flashes." This ishighly offensive to women in their senior years having hot flashesand must be changed!
Whenyour wife buys a 19-pound turkey, and equal amounts of everything else for eight on thanksgiving, asking, "What's for dinner"on Friday night is kind on unnecessary.
PartyPlatforms, 2018. Democrats: "Elect us and everyone gets a freeunicorn." Republicans: "Elect us, we're not as bad as thatother bunch and we'll do better this time."
Whenmy dog doesn't like his dinner, he looks at me like he expects me tosendout for pizza.
Militarypower is much diminished if the enemy is more ruthless than you are.
Somedays, you're the bad spot in my banana.
Somefolks think if they put up a pious front, Got won't notice the anger, hate, and greed hidden deep in their hearts.
Getthe collection! My “Random Thoughts” from 2008 through July, 2013are collected in this book: The Old Jarhead's Journal: RandomThoughts on Life, Liberty, and Leadership by Robert A. Hallhttp://www.amazon.com/Old-Jarheads-Journal-Thoughts-Leadership/dp/1490500162/ref=sr_1_1?s=booksandie=UTF8andqid=1373907206andsr=1-1andkeywords=Old+Jarhead%27s+JournalTheOld Jarhead’s Journal is a collection of Random Thoughts onpolitics and life and Conservative Political Essays, mostly publishedon the author’s blog, including the essay “I’m Tired” whichwent viral on the Internet in 2009, “The Hall Platform,” “ThisI Believe,” and “Why I’m a Republican.” While they will be ofinterest to conservative thinkers, they are collected here in bookform as a service to readers who wish to give a copy to favoriteliberals and watch their heads explode. All royalties are donated to the Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund.
*****
RobertA. Hall is a Marine Vietnam Veteran who served five terms in theMassachusetts State Senate. He is the author of TheComing Collapse of the American Republic.http://www.amazon.com/Coming-Collapse-American-Republic-prevent/dp/1461122538/ref=sr_1_5?s=booksandie=UTF8andqid=1304815980andsr=1-5For a free PDF of Collapse, e-mail him at tartanmarine(at)gmail.com.Hall’s eleven books are listed here:
http://tartanmarine.blogspot.com/2010/07/new-book-published.html.His blog of political news and conservative comment iswww.tartanmarine.blogspot.com.