[Swiftwater Gazette] prog gun grabbers

Rik Sandberg sanderico1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 09:31:09 EDT 2016

When are we going to start stringing these people up from the lamp posts?
Or at least tar and feathers.....

*http://tinyurl.com/jusatov <http://tinyurl.com/jusatov>*

How Bloomberg Censored John Lott

by Frank Miniter - Monday, September 5, 2016

Shouldn’t journalists who want to tackle the issues related to illegal use
of guns in America, and thereby help us find real solutions to violent
crime in places like Chicago’s South Side, start by being honest? John Lott
thinks so. It is this principled position that caused him to agree, despite
his prior experiences, to be interviewed for Katie Couric’s film “Under The
Gun.”

As an expert on these issues, he hoped to offer some perspective and
balance. Although he says he went into the interview like a person readying
himself to be grilled by a prosecutor, even he was surprised at what
happened after he left the four-hour-long interview with Couric.

No doubt you’ll recall that Couric’s “Under The Gun” made headlines
<https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2016/6/1/cams-corner-a-challenge-to-katie-couric/>
when
it was revealed that an eight-second pause had been edited in to make it
seem like members of the Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) were
stumped by a question. Thankfully, the gun-rights advocates also recorded
the interview. When they released the unedited tape, Couric was shown to be
the propagandist and liar she is.*“*Bloomberg asked for Lott to be cut and
Couric made this happen.” — Radio show host John Cardillo

As I wrote here
<https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2016/6/6/how-katie-couric-cut-john-lott-from-her-anti-gun-documentary/>
back
in June, Lott had wanted to leave the New York City hotel room where
Couric, backed by seven staffers, had interviewed him. He*wanted* to leave
because, he said, “She kept asking me the same questions in different ways.
It was clear they were trying to get me to say something that could be
taken out of context.” However, he didn’t walk out because he didn’t want
that on film.

Months later, Lott learned he was cut from the film while live on the
radio. Lott was on “The John Cardillo Show” promoting his smashing new
book *The
War on Guns
<https://www.amazon.com/War-Guns-Yourself-Against-Control/dp/1621575802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472827963&sr=8-1&keywords=john+lott>*
(“smashing”
because it bludgeons the anti-gun media and groups with the substantiated
facts about guns), when Cardillo said, “I don’t know if you know this … I
don’t know if we spoke about this, but my brother knows one of the
financiers on the Katie Couric project—he was sort of an ancillary
financier who’s actually pro-Second Amendment—and he told me your footage
from that documentary was cut after a private between Katie Couric and
Michael Bloomberg.”

Lott answered that he hadn’t heard that Bloomberg had been able to censor
him again. Cardillo said, “Yes. They were going to run it, and Bloomberg
and Couric had a private screening, and after that screening is when your
footage was cut.”

As this report needed to be substantiated, I reached out to Cardillo and
other sources.

“This financier is not anti-gun. He is a hunter,” Cardillo told me. “He
does lean slightly left on many issues, but that only makes him normal in
the elite and wealthy circles in and around New York City. He was
comfortable with partly financing this project because he knows Couric and
because he saw the interview list for the film. He thought it would be a
balanced production. He is angry that it wasn’t.”

Cardillo added, “This source says Bloomberg was given creative control.
Bloomberg asked for Lott to be cut and Couric made this happen. As a former
NYPD detective, I am shocked at the influence Bloomberg has with people
like Couric. Lott is the gold standard. As a detective, I knew his research
was considered to be solid even by the NYPD.”

Cardillo said because of the time he spent as part of the NYPD, he knows a
lot of people who work or have worked on security details for high-profile
people, and he has been told many times by these individuals that Bloomberg
is “fanatical about the gun issue. He will drop everything to view a
documentary or whatever if it has to do with pushing gun control in
America.”

“If they can’t control the message, they won’t talk to you.” — Researcher
John Lott, president of the Crime Prevention Research CenterFor his part,
Lott, who is also president of the Crime Prevention Research Center
<http://crimeresearch.org/>, told me, “I’ve actually reached out to
Bloomberg and his people many times to interview them and to challenge them
to debates. They never respond. If they can’t control the message, they
won’t talk to you.” (I’ve also found this to be true with regards to my
reporting, and while I was researching my book *The Future of the Gun
<https://www.amazon.com/Future-Gun-Frank-Miniter/dp/1621572404/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472828187&sr=8-1&keywords=the+future+of+the+gun>*
.)

Bloomberg is using his vast wealth in public ways to diminish, if not
outright take away, the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans.
But he is also doing a lot behind closed doors. When journalists, or
so-called journalists, go along with censoring key parts of the story
because they are inconvenient to their political desires, they destroy the
very thing they are supposed to be seeking—the truth. This is the key
reason why the vast majority of people don’t trust the media today.

John Stuart Mill, in his classic human-rights book *On Liberty* (1859),
outlined the dilemma of politically correct censorship when he wrote:

*First, if any opinion is compelled to silence, that opinion may, for all
we can certainly know, be true. To deny this is to assume our own
infallibility.*

*Secondly, though the silenced opinion is an error, it may, and very well
commonly does, contain a portion of the truth; and since the general or
prevailing opinion on any object is rarely or never the whole truth, it is
only by the collision of adverse opinions that the remainder of the truth
has any chance of being supplied.**Thirdly, even if the received opinion is
not only true, but the whole truth; unless it is suffered to be, and
actually is, vigorously and earnestly contested, it will, by most of those
who receive it, be held in the manner of prejudice, with little
comprehension or feeling of its rational grounds.*

Some anti-Second Amendment activists, such as Bloomberg, are trying with
some success to silence opposing views. They want their politically correct
censorship to dumb down the American mind.

If we let them do this, we’ll lose all of our freedoms.