[Swiftwater Gazette] Trump as Rowboat in a Storm

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Tue Oct 25 18:27:58 EDT 2016

Trump as Rowboat in a Storm
http://www.economicnoise.com/2016/10/17/trump-rowboat-storm/
Iam not a particularly religious person so I debated about postingthis “Trump as Rowboat.” It expresses well the message that manybelieve — if you are doomed you do unconventional things to saveyourself and your family. We are doomed continuing the way we are.The unknown author presents the rationale for taking a chance. AsTrump himself said: “What do you have to lose?”
obama-hat-magichillary1111Bothestablished parties will be against Trump if he is elected. That initself validates him in the minds of the millions disgusted withgovernment. That also ensures that he will not be able to get awaywith things that Obama has and Hillary will.
Trumpmay capsize if elected. However, taking a chance on this rowboat isbetter than drowning with near certainty. Even if he capsizes, he maybring us close enough to the shore that we can survive. Better thisrowboat than those deliberately trying to push us under water.
Thismay be the best and most honest political promotion statement youwill ever read.  It decidedly does not brush objections aside.
Youhate Hillary? READ it.
Youhate Trump? READ it.
Youthink there’s no choice? READ it. And, read it with your grown-uphat on.
We’veall been dealt huge responsibility with this election. The firststep toward accepting responsibility is accepting it, and the firststep toward accepting it is recognizing it.
READTHIS. Read every single word. It’ll take you about three minutes. Be sure to read to the end (take a few minutes and read all of it!)
Areyou sickened and despondent with the current campaign and upcomingpresidential election?Iconsider myself a conservative and do truly believe our country is ata political/economic/moral/ social crossroads. I need to let you knowI could/would never vote for Hillary Clinton to lead this country. To me, she represents everything that is wrong with our currentpolitical structure. On the flip side, I look and listen to DonaldTrump and I cringe at every rude, insulting comment he makes.
Ifyou find yourself in a similar state of mind, please read thefollowing article:
AMessage For Christians About Donald Trump
Here’sa famous joke about God and how he talks to us.
“Adeeply faithful Christian man is stuck on roof at home with massiveflooding up to the 2nd floor. Rowboat comes. He says “No, I’mwaiting for God. I prayed and I know he’s coming.” 2nd Rowboat.“No, I’m waiting for God.” 3rd Rowboat. “No, I’m waiting for God.”
Waterrises. The man drowns. Now he’s meeting God in heaven. Thereligious man says, “Where were you God? I prayed. I was faithful.I asked you to save me. Why would you abandon me?”
Godsays, “Hey, I sent you 3 rowboats.”
Didyou ever consider Trump is our rowboat?
MaybeGod is trying to tell us something important–that now is not thetime for a “nice Christian guy” or a “gentleman” or a typicalRepublican powder puff. Maybe now is the time for a natural bornkiller, a ruthless fighter, a warrior. Because right about now weneed a miracle, or America is finished. Maybe the rules of gentlemen don’t apply here. Maybe a gentleman and “all-around niceChristian” would lead us to slaughter.
Ordo you want another Mitt Romney, Bob Dole, John McCain, Gerald Fordor Paul Ryan? Did any of them win? Did they lead the GOP to “thepromised land?” Did they change the direction of America ? No,because if you don’t win, you have no say.
PaulRyan couldn’t even deliver his own state, Wisconsin ! And as leaderof the House, Paul Ryan rolls over to Obama like my dog rolls overfor a scrap of food, or a steak bone.  Nice, but obedient. I meanPaul Ryan…not my dog. My dog is actually a pretty good defender andloyal.
MaybeGod is knocking on your door loudly, but you’re not listening.Maybe God understands we need a “war leader” at this moment intime. Maybe God understands if we don’t win this election, Americais dead. It’s over. The greatest nation in world history will begone. Finished. Kaput. Adios.
Andwith one last breath, maybe what we need to save us at the lastsecond, is someone different. Someone you haven’t ever experiencedbefore– because you weren’t raised in rough and tumble New Yorkwhere nothing good gets accomplished unless you’re combative,aggressive, outrageous, on offense at all times, and maybe just a tadarrogant too.
Someonewith a personality you’ve never seen on stage at your church.Maybe, just maybe, being a nice gentlemanly Christian would not beatHillary and her billion dollars, and her best friends in the mediawho will unleash the dogs of hell upon the GOP nominee.
Iguess you think God is only nice and gentlemanly. Really? Then you’vemissed the whole point of the Bible. When necessary, God is prettytough. When necessary, God strikes with pain, death and destruction.When necessary, God inflicts vengeance.Maybeyou think God couldn’t possibly be associated with someone likeTrump. Trump is too vicious, rude and crude.
Whenwe won WWII, was God “nice?” Were we gentlemanly when defeatingHitler? Were we gentlemanly when firebombing Germany? Were wegentlemanly when dropping atomic bombs on Japan ? Is God ever “nice”on the battlefield? Or does he send us vicious SOB’s like GeneralGeorge S. Patton so the good guys can defeat evil?
It’spretty clear to me God sends unique people to be “war leaders.”That’s a different role than a pastor or church leader. Godunderstands that.
Andmaybe it’s time to re-define “nice.” Maybe Mitt Romney and PaulRyan aren’t nice at all–because they led us to defeat. And losingagain would mean the end of America . And God can’t allow that.Maybe Romney and Ryan mean well, but the road to hell is paved withgood intentions. Or maybe they’re just jealous they had theirchance and blew it. Maybe they’d rather help elect Hillary thanallow a Trump victory that would make them look weak, feckless andincompetent.
“Eventhe youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterlyfall, But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; Theyshall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not beweary, They shall walk and not faint.” (Isiah 40:30-31)
Godis about miracles. We don’t need a “nice guy” or a “gentleman”right now. It’s the 4th quarter and we’re losing 14-0. We need amiracle.
Solet me repeat my message to Christians: “YOU’RE MISSING THEBOAT.”
Ibelieve Trump is our miracle. I believe Trump is our rowboat. Excepthe’s more like a battleship!
Noone is saying Trump is perfect. No one is saying Trump is a perfectconservative. But he is a patriot. He is a warrior. He is acapitalist. He is the right man, at the right time. Yes, he’s abit rude and crude and offensive. But that may make him the perfect warrior to save America , American exceptionalism, capitalism andJudeo-Christian values. The choice should be easy for Christians.
It’sTrump…or it’s the end of the American dream.
Ifanything in this article strikes a positive chord with you, pleasepass it on.