[Swiftwater Gazette] Putin's advice - when living in Russia, live like Russians. . . ....

Elgin Alexander elginalexander at erols.com
Tue Oct 4 21:44:55 EDT 2016

Whether you like Putin or not, you have to give him credit for apparently having taken a page from Teddy Roosevelt’s speeches – particularly the one he gave in 1907.  Too bad our so-called “leaders” haven’t bothered to do so also.  Elgin

Vladimir Putin, the Russian president  addressed the Duma, (Russian Parliament) about the tensions with minorities in Russia:

"In Russia, live like Russians. Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live, work and eat in Russia, it should speak Russian and must respect the Russian laws.

“If they prefer Sharia Law and live the life of Muslim's, then we advise them to go back to their own places where that's the State law.

“Russia does not need Muslim minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will grant no one special privileges or change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they cry 'discrimination.’

“We will not tolerate any disrespect of our Russian culture.

“We must learn from the national suicides of America, England, Holland, France, Belgium, Sweeden and Germany if we are to  stand as a Nation.

“The Muslims are taking over those weak countries, but they will never take over Russia. The lack of culture and the primitive ways of Sharia Law and Islam are not compatible with the Russian traditions and culture.

“If this honorable legislative body thinks of writing new laws, it should have in mind the Russian national interest first, observing that the Muslim minorities Are Not Russians."

The Assembly of the Duma gave Putin a five minute standing ovation.

I guess Putin – like someone we all know – was not raised as a Muslim.