[Swiftwater Gazette] Putin Stunner - We Will Not Expel Anyone; We Refuse To Sink To Obama's Level

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Fri Dec 30 08:56:09 EST 2016

PutinStunner - "We Will Not Expel Anyone; We Refuse To Sink ToObama's Level"

byTyler DurdenDec30, 2016 Vladimirthe merciful?http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-30/putin-stunner-we-will-not-expel-anyone-we-refuse-sink-obamas-level
Followingthis morning's reports that Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov would recommend to Russian President Vladimir Putin a retaliation in kind,and expel 35 American diplomats, saying that “we cannot leave suchacts unanswered. Reciprocity is part of diplomatic law" withPutin spokesman Peskov adding that "there is no doubt thatRussia's adequate and mirror response will make Washington officialsfeel very uncomfortable as well", it was ultimately up to Putinto decide how to respond to the US.
Whichhe did on Friday morning, when in a stunning reversal, the Russian leader took the high road, rejected the Lavrov proposal, and in astatement posted by the Kremlin said that Russia won’t expel anyAmericans in retaliation to US moves, in a brutal demonstration ofjust how irrelevant Obama's 11th hour decision is for US-Russianrelations.
“Althoughwe have the right to retaliate, we will not resort to irresponsible ‘kitchen’ diplomacy but will plan our further steps to restoreRussian-US relations based on the policies of the TrumpAdministration.”
“Andwith that one statement, Obama lost the diplomatic war with Russia.”