[Swiftwater Gazette] Irish Compassion...

Ed kroposki kroposki at att.net
Mon Aug 1 08:10:43 EDT 2016

 IrishCompassion...
Shortlyafter take-off on an outbound evening Air Lingus flight
from Dublinto Boston, the lead flight attendant nervously made
the followingpainful announcement in her lovely Irish brogue: Ladiesand gentlemen, I'm so very sorry, but it appears that there
has beena terrible mix-up by our catering service.
Idon't know how this has happened, but we have 103 passengers
onboard, and unfortunately, we received only 40 dinner meals.
Itruly apologize for this mistake and inconvenience. Whenthe muttering of the passengers had died down, she continued,
"Anyonewho is kind enough to give up their meal so that someone
else can eatwill receive free, unlimited drinks for the duration of our
5 hourflight.
 Hernext announcement came about 2 hours later:"Ifanyone is hungry, we still have 40 dinners available”